Sep 20, 2015
2015 September Cycling Development Camp
September 20-27, 2015
The United States Association of Blind Athletes (USABA) will host the second Cycling Development Camp of 2015 for riders who are blind and visually impaired at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colorado, September 20-27, 2015. The camp is open to both male and female participants and military Veterans and Active Duty Service Members are strongly encouraged to apply. Approved military athletes are fully funded to the camp. Program fees for non-military athletes will be no more than $315 and includes all components of the camp (accommodations, ground transportation, meals, equipment, training, etc.). Riders must possess the fitness and equipment necessary to make it through the week-long cycling camp.
Only road tandems are approved equipment for this camp. If you do not have a bike or a pilot (partner) to ride with you at camp, USABA may be able to provide them, so please notify USABA when you apply.
Cyclists will learn bike handling skills, safe riding techniques and road racing strategies. Riders are on their bikes twice per day and will ride 100 miles for the week. Athletes will practice skills, engage in race simulations and have classroom discussions nightly.
Applications must be submitted no later than August 7th.
For more information contact:
Pam Fernandes, Camp Coordinator
781-449-9563, Eastern Time
This program was funded in part by a grant by the United States Department of Veteran Affairs. The opinions, findings and conclusion stated herin are those of USABA and do not necessarily reflect those of the United States Department of Veteran Affairs.
Sep 25, 2015 - Sep 27, 2015
2015 Junior Cascade Classic
Open to ages 19 and under.
Oct 02, 2015 - Oct 03, 2015
2015 Lone Star Classic Youth Goalball Tournament
LONE STAR CLASSIC YOUTH GOALBALL TOURNAMENT
October 2-3, 2015
• The tournament will be held at the Texas School for the Blind and Visually Impaired. The tournament site address is:
Texas School for the Blind and Visually
1100 W. 45th Street
Austin, Texas 78756
• Deadline for team entries is September 7th, 2015. No entries will be accepted after September 7th. We will host a maximum of 12 teams on a first come first serve basis, so get your registration in early.
• Players must be 19 years old or younger.
• Teams should arrive by Friday afternoon and plan to depart no earlier than Sunday morning. Tentative tournament schedule is as follows:
Friday, October 2 – 5:00PM-10:30PM
Saturday, October 3RD – 8:00AM-8:00PM
• Tournament fee ($25 per player/coach/escort) covers meals, officials, awards, and miscellaneous costs.
• Players and coaches need to be USABA members.
• Transportation is provided to and from the Austin International Airport (AUS) and to and from the Hotels below only.
Hyatt House Austin/Arboretum -- $139 *include breakfast
Group code G-TSBO
10001 N Capital of Texas Hwy
Austin, TX 78759
(512) 342-8080 (Group code G-TSBO)
TownePlace Suites Austin Northwest -- $139 *include breakfast
Group code TSBVI
10024 N Capital of Texas Hwy
Austin, TX 78759
(512) 231-9360 (Group code TSBVI)
• Meals provided: dinner Friday and lunch and dinner on Saturday for registered/paid team members only.
• Hotel accommodations are left up to the teams as this seems to be the trend to secure the best fares and meet individual team preferences. If you need assistance or other information, please contact the tournament director.
• IBSA rules will be used except for the length of games, which will consist of
7-minute halves during pool play and quarter-final games. We will use 10-minute halves in the semi-finals and finals.
• Players may not wear hard pads or other items that may damage the gym floor. No dark soled shoes that leave marks. Approved eye shades are required. Jerseys and numbers on jerseys should meet IBSA guidelines.
• The format will be (Format subject to change based on number of entries)
• Pool players will be placed as needed at the tournament director’s discretion. If a team wishes to request a pool player, please indicate such on your registration. Please note that you must have at least three of your own players to qualify as a registered team.
• USABA Certified Referees will be used. TSBVI would appreciate any help with officiating, line judge timers etc.
News & Events
2015 Parapan Ams –Day Eight: U.S. Men’s Goalball Team Join U.S. Women on the Podium - By: Courtney Patterson TORONTO (August 15, 2015) – Both U.S. Men’s and Women’s… Read This Story
2015 Parapan Ams –Day Seven: U.S. Men Win in Overtime with “Panic Play” - TORONTO (August 14, 2015) – It was a game of defense between U.S. Men and Canada… Read This Story