Sep 27, 2013
Call for Proposals
2014 Grassroots Goalball
Attention groups and organizations interested in starting new youth goalball teams in the United States. The United States Association of Blind Athletes (USABA) is calling for partners nationwide to submit proposals to start new youth goalball teams in communities around the United States. Teams will be provided with resources and technical assistance to start new goalball teams. These teams will have the opportunity to compete in regional competition and receive the training and experience to take their game to the next level.
Who: Community organizations and groups interested in establishing new goalball teams or enhancing their existing goalball programs by adding new teams in partnership with USABA.
What: Programs interested in receiving assistance from USABA to start a youth goalball team or teams should fill out and submit the attached application to Matt Simpson by November 1, 2013.
When: The Grassroots Goalball program will run from January 15th through May 15, 2014.
Each team in the 2013-2014 Grassroots goalball program will receive more than a thousand dollars’ worth of financial and technical support and equipment, including:
• Up to 6 sets of personal equipment per team, including: eye shades, knee pads, elbow pads and hip pads
• Three goalballs
• One pre-made, reusable goalball court
• Enough court tape to get started
• Access to USABA expert coaches for training and coaching tips
• Access to USABA goalball technical resources, including USABA’s new coaching videos
Teams will be asked to meet the following participation standards:
• An average of two goalball activities per week, including practices and competitions, over the goalball season, running 15 January through 15 May
• A minimum of three regional competitions with the other Grassroots Goalball programs in your immediate area
• A full roster of participants
• Each athlete and coach in the program must become a member of USABA
• Teams will be asked to submit one mid-season progress report and one final report on their program
• Teams will also be asked to submit pictures for use on USABA’s publications and social media
See All News
- Visual Classifications
- Safe Sport
- Athlete Development Accounts
- Copeland Scholarship
News & Events
2014 USA Cycling Para-cycling Road National Championships Results - The 2014 USA Cycling Para-cycling Road National Championships took place in Madison, Wisconsin… Read This Story
2014 USABA National High School Goalball Championships - St Augustine, FL Information Registration Read This Story